Bowflex adjustable dumbbells have become increasingly popular in the exercise and health business as well as with professional athletes and fitness gurus. Many adjustable dumbbell purchases have been made simply because of all of the publicity surrounding the item and not because people understand the benefits.
These dumbbells have changed the way people workout and weight lift, but most individuals are oblivious to the time and money surrounding their purchase. I believe that you should know just what you’re buying before you hand over your credit card. This will allow you to use them correctly and make the most of your new purchase. The following guide has been made to provide information about dumbbells and how you can use them. Please read our review of another pair of dumbbells, the Bowflex SelectTech 522.
Tip #1: Know and understand what Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells are
What exactly are Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? You have probably seen them on television or at your local gym. While this is great and you generally know what they are, you should fully understand their options, benefits, and how they differ from other weight sets. Then you can decide if these dumbbells are truly the best option for you.
In layman’s terms, Bowflex adjustable dumbbells are dumbbells that can do just as much for you during a workout as a whole set of bulky dumbbells. All you need to do is adjust the dials on each dumbbell to your desired weight, and then begin your workout. The mechanism within each dumbbell does all of the work so that you do not need to buy and lug around individual plates for each dumbbell. At the turn of a dial you can change your training.
Tip #2: Know How the Dumbbells Work before you Buy Them
While some people blindly buy items without knowing their specifics, you should read about your product and experiment with it before you spend money. This has not been a challenge for Bowflex adjustable dumbbell users because they are so simple to use. There is no installation necessary and two dumbbells are all you will ever need.
If you are just starting a workout routine with these dumbbells, you should know that you can adjust the resistance level by turning the dial on the side of each dumbbell. You will hear the weight click into place once the new resistance has been selected.
Tip #3: Be Familiar with All the Feature that Come with the Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells
There seems to be a never ending list of positive reviews about Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. If you are planning on buying these dumbbells then the following features are especially applicable. You should know the following features so that you can decide if this is a smart investment or if you should choose an item that is more basic. These are high end products, so if only a few of the features apply to you then another option may be better.
- Consistent resistance: When working out with normal dumbbells, each motion may demand a different level of effort. If you experience increases resistance when attempting upward motions and a lack of resistance during downward movements, this may be a problem. With Bowflex dumbbells each motion provides steady resistance, providing more of a workout in less time
- Compact: Bowflex dumbbells are capable of replacing an entire set of normal dumbbells, saving you a ton of space. No more having to stack dumbbells or buy racks. Each Bowflex dumbbell includes its own base so that you don’t need to worry about them rolling around on the floor. The base also helps with ease of transportation.
- Durability: Bowflex dumbbells are made of sheet-rolled steel and are coated with ABS plastic. This is a great feature because it makes the much more durable and resistant. The ABS plastic helps absorb shock when placing weights on the floor and is easy on the ears by decreasing the typical “clanking” noise. These dumbbells will never rust and you won’t have to worry about scratching your home flood. These dumbbells are meant to last, even if they are used daily.
- Price: While some dumbbells are absurdly expensive, others are oddly affordable. Many people settle for regular dumbbells because they find it hard to justify the price of other kinds of weights. A set of regular dumbbells can run anywhere from $400-$1000. Two Bowflex dumbbells are just $600, proving that you are actually getting your moneys worth.
Tip #4: Know Exactly How to Take Care of Your Dumbbell
As long as you are investing some serious money in Bowflex dumbbells, you need to know how to take care of them so that they hold their value as long as possible.
The following are just a few tips:
- Purchase a stand: The dumbbells already come with a stand for each set, but also buying a stand that will elevate the dumbbells to waist height will help prevent injury and keep them off the floor, away from potential hazards. If you have pets or children in your house this may be an especially good idea.
- Keep your dumbbells in a cool, dry area: The material on the dumbbells is rust-resistant, but you should still be caring for your new purchase. Remember that wear and tear can occur more quickly if you are reckless with your home gym. If you plan on keeping your dumbbells in a closet be sure to clean the floor and check for water regularly. Another important idea is the clean the dumbbells themselves, and keep them free of sweat.
Tip #5: Find Out What Comes With Your Order of Bowflex Dumbells
Many places offer more than just dumbbells. Accessories, warranties, and memberships may also we offered with your puchase. Know exactly what you are getting and beware of people trying to scam you out of money. If you do receive a warranty make sure to read it completely so that you know how and when to replace your set if you happen to run into problems.
Buying new Bowflex dumbbells does not have to be stressful. If you research the items, look around online and in local stores, and are cautious of other offers and combination offers then you can be sure you are getting the right deal and are doing your best to reach your goals.