If you are looking for a new, flexible, and weighted workout then you should buy adjustable dumbbells. There are many current websites and online stores that help you search and find the perfect exercise equipment for you. The following article is meant to provide you with the information you will need to think about when buying best adjustable dumbbells and starting a new workout regimen
Things to Consider
Before going crazy and buying the first set of dumbbells you see, you need to consider a variety of characteristics and find the perfect set for you.
- Flexibility– Make sure to find a product that is right for your new exercise goals yet is able to be changed and adjusted in the future. This is essential
- Safety– This should also be one of your priorities if you are thinking of buying adjustable dumbbells. You should be guaranteed safety while working out in order to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Durability– If you plan on using your new dumbbells for a long period of time, then durability is key. You should not have to replace parts on a regular basis.
- Price– This is always an important consideration, since there is a wide range of prices depending on brand name and details of the product. A few adjustable dumbbell brands are now offering smarter features that come with pre-determined prices. Please remember that you need to do your homework and choose the pair that is of the highest quality, reasonable price, and most secure.
- Fast Weight Switching– The faster the weight switching settings, the better. Many come with a variety of weights and are all fairly easily adjusted.
- Durability– If you will be using the dumbbells for a longer period of time, then durability is VERY important.
- Warranty– Each warranty is different in terms of what it covers, and how long the warranty is active for. Many last anywhere from 1-3 years, while some offer a lifetime of ensurement. You should look around and think about what you would prefer after an initial review of the item.
Three Best Adjustable Dumbbells and Their Features
We have been scouring the market for the best adjustable dumbbells ad have found quite a large range of items. Through customer reviews we have found that the top three include the Bowflex SelectTech, Ironmaster, and Universal Power.
1. Bowflex SelectTech This Bowflex brand dumbbell comes in a few differing styles. The 552 and 1090 seem to be the most popular. The 552 can easily be adjusted for weight between 5 and 52.5 pounds while the 1090 has an amazing 17 weights held within a single dumbbell. Both of these sets are meant for higher level weight training and can be found for anywhere between $240 and $599. The prices depend on the product. Please read our review!
2. Ironmaster The Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells are considered the top of the line heavyweight and flexible dumbbells. They can be adjusted between 5 and a whopping 75 pounds, also including an extra 2.5 pound weight. They are built from welded steel and come with handles that are chrome plated. These can be found for around $529. Find our review here!
3. Universal Power Finally, the Park 445 adjustable dumbbell is very well-known because it originates from the Universal Power. These can be adjusted between 4 and 45 pound with a panel, and is considered a rather beginner tool. The dumbbell handles are made of thermoplastic rubber to ensure that your finger don’t slip while lifting. These are extremely affordable and start at $269.
Adjustable Dumbbell Components
We agree that safety needs to come first and should be your top priority when searching for the right free-weights. You need to be sure that you can avoid any and all injuries while conducting your new exercises. Dumbbells are perfect for helping you get that body you’ve been searching for, and for getting back in shape. Be aware that using your dumbbells incorrectly can lead to serious injury. Double check that your adjustable dumbbells are safe by considering the following components:
- Locks- Locks are an extremely necessary item and help to prevent injury if they are sturdy
- Build/Construction- Durability and quality of your adjustable dumbbells is important. Ask what certain dumbbells are made of, as good quality means high-end materials.
- Handles- Handles are very important because this is the only part of the weight you hold on to while working out. Be sure to test out any dumbbells in person before buying them. If one dumbbell just doesn’t seem to fit you, don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Space-Saving- This is a great feature of adjustable dumbbells because they stow away easily after a workout. A flexible dumbbell set and often differ in length and size, so be sure to check how much space you have before ordering a pair.
Tips for Maintaining Your Free Weight Equipment
- Don’t Misuse- If you do choose to use your free weight destructively, their durability may be diminished. Try not to over work your weights during your workout and they should last you a long time.
- Repairs- If you do need to repair your adjustable dumbbells, be sure to check the product guide. If you cannot fix the problem yourself, feel free to contact a professional to get the job done.
- Cleaning- There is no excuse for not cleaning dumbbells. This is a very easy task to complete, but you must be very careful. Read the manual prior to cleaning so that you know what tools to use.
Planning, looking, and deciding all seem to be reasonable steps on your journey to choosing the right dumbbell for you. If you would like the best adjustable dumbbells for your workout, it may take some time. Keep in mind that quality, price, and safety are of the utmost importance when working with free weights.